Men Confess: Dating Frustration
By Smitten, Glamour Magazine | Love + Sex – 5 hours ago
Gena Kaufman, Glamour magazine
I could probably talk all day every day for a month straight about the things that frustrate me about dating. But hey, since that’s pretty much what I do here on Smitten anyway, let’s give the guys a chance to air their grievances, OK?
Dating advice and men’s interest site TSB Magazine recently conducted a survey to find out the most frustrating aspect of dating for single men. The issue most commonly chosen as the biggest source of frustration: text messaging!
Let’s break down the options and results:
- 32% of the men in the survey said that they are confused about what to say and when to send a text, and that’s the most frustrating part of trying to start a new relationship. I don’t know about you, but I’m super relieved to hear that guys overanalyze this too.
- 22% said that having a conversation with a woman and the awkwardness of the end-of-night kiss is the worst.
- 18% said awkward first kiss situations are frustrating. I’m sort of unclear on the distinction between this and the above. I guess this is like, the kiss itself is awkward as opposed to deciding to go in for it? To which I say: Takes two to make an awkward kiss, buddy.
- 12% said approaching women in the first place is a major cause of anxiety. We are intimidating creatures, after all.
- 10% of men chose the times when women see them as a friend and not a love interest as the most frustrating.
- 6% said the most annoying was when they hit it off with a woman, but then she finds someone she likes better.
Should you feel like helping men ease their pain–and hey, don’t feel obligated. Whatever dudes, we have our own frustrations!–you could check out our Dos and Don’ts of flirting via text, our three foolproof steps to letting him know you want to be kissed, and our informal research on how guys really want to be kissed. As for the Friendzone and the Other Man problems, well, sorry fellas. She’s just not that into you.
Do you agree with any of the things men find frustrating? What do you think are the most frustrating aspects of dating men? Original Story