“It’s about damn time!” Lebron James
Yes, Lebron! It’s about damn time, but you did it!
After almost two years of intense criticism and constant slander, congratulations are finally in order for Lebron James and the entire Miami Heat squad who snagged the Championship title last night after a 121-106 win over the Oklahoma City Thunder. For the past two years, since Lebron decided to leave Cleveland alongside Dwyane Wade in Miami, the LJ naysayers did not care, how many points he consistently put up, nor did they care how many MVP trophies he had under his belt. All that mattered was that he snagged a ring, if he wanted to solidify his place amongst greats, and he finally silenced the critics.
Via Dwyane Wade:
I’m so happy for him. I don’t know if I could be happy for another guy, another man, to succeed in life as I am for him. I know what he’s went through to get to this point, and I know when we got together a lot of people didn’t agree with it. We wanted to play together, because we knew we could help each other get what we want.
Everything changes. He can now feel that, you know, that I am the best player in the world, because I won a ring. The ring says so. Not the media, not that the says so, but my game actually says so. And we’re judged by championships.
He will be bigger around the world with a championship and I think all the naysayers go away, and I think it’s only going to make him better, too. Michael got better after his first championship. I think the same thing happens for LeBron. And his will grow.
Although it took Lebron a little longer than some of ‘the greats’ to win his first ring (Kobe won his first in his fourth season), he has drawn comparisons to Michael Jordan, who won his first NBA title in his seventh season but went on to win six before he retired.
The pressure is definitely still on..
The Heartbreak – Kevin Durant’s emotional hug to his parents postgame:
The Celebration – Seconds left in the game:
The Victory Dance:
Lebron James, Savannah, Dwyane Wade, Gabrielle Union & More Celebrate The Heat Championship Win
Sidebar: Last night Nike released a new ad spot to honor Lebron James. It features a jeweler who begins crafting a championship ring during the early stages of Lebron’s career. He continues working on it during the highs and lows of Lebron’s career and finishes the ring just in time to be delivered for his championship. Watch below:
Read more: Necole Bitchie.com
- Tom Joyner News: Halle Berry Has To Pay Her Baby Daddy $20,000 A Month In Child Support!
- D’Angelo Set To Perform Comeback At 2012 BET Awards
- R. Kelly – Green Light [NEW MUSIC]
- Tyson Talks Broadway & Rants About His Hookers, VD on ‘Today Show’ [VIDEO]
- Cissy Houston to Perform Tribute to Whitney at BET Awards
- Oprah to Interview Rihanna; Admits She Needs The Ratings
- WTF! Detroit Man Gambles Away $1.5 Million in Overdraft Bank Monies
- 10 Principles Fathers Should Follow For Their Kids
- Viola Davis’ New Film Oscar Worthy
- Work It Out! Michelle Obama Jumps Double Dutch On TV [VIDEO]
- Beyonce Pens First Open Letter To Blind Fan
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities