Is wearing colored nail polish becoming a trend among athletes?
Dwyane Wade, star of the Miami Heat, wants you to know that he’s about that nail polish wearing life. Over the weekend, he tweeted a photo of his colored toenails fresh off of a pedicure with the caption, ‘Matte black paint… RockStar ish..‘ which sparked various debates on twitter.
Last year, in his November 2011 feature in GQ, he revealed that he’s been wearing black polish for at least three years now as well as his teammates reactions when they first saw it:
Three years ago I was like, ‘Man, I kind of want to paint my toenails black.’ At first I thought, ‘Nah, I can’t do that. They’re going to kill me.’ But eventually I decided to try it. Later I was on vacation in the Bahamas with LeBron, and when he saw my toes he was like, ‘Something is seriously wrong with you.’ But eventually Bron was like, ‘You know what? You’re crazy, but that’s just you.’ When I first got into the league, I tried to fit in. Now I don’t care.
D Wade and his colored toenails were influenced by rock stars such as Marilyn Manson, Motley Crew, Duran Duran and Stone Temple Pilots who were all known to wear black polish while rocking out on stage, however, Dennis Rodman, was the first athlete to show up at a media day wearing polish on his fingernails.
D Wade isn’t the only athlete wearing nail polish in 2012. Earlier this year, Evelyn Lozada tweeted a photo of Chad Ochocinco wearing black nail polish with the caption, ‘Peep Dennis Rodman’s twin with the black nail polish’. Via:NecoleBitchie.com
- WZAK Stone Soul Picnic – Buy Your Tickets
- Missed The Essence Music Festival This Year? Check Out All The Highlights!
- Cosby Kid Coming Back To Prime Time!
- OMG! Usher’s Step Son Declared Brain Dead!
- Matthew Knowles Says Two New Destiny’s Child Reunion Albums And Tour Are On The Way
- Local Akron Woman Dies Hours After Meeting President Obama
- Heidi Who? Seal Looks Like He Has a New Boo
- George Zimmerman Release from Jail After Posting Bond!
- Donna Summer’s Daughters Reportedly Fighting Over Fortune
- Tyler Perry Says President Obama Made Him Stop Drinking
- Oprah Buys Family Business In Foreclosure, Why is Family Upset?