Let’s face it, the black sitcom is all but extinct on network television. With the cancellation of “My Wife And Kids” and “Everybody Hates Chris”, it seems major networks have zero interest in investing in black comedies. There might light on the horizon with the resuscitation of one of television’s most beloved sitcoms.
MUST READ: 25 Reasons We Love “A Different World”
Director Debbie Allen took to Twitter, toying with the idea of bringing “A Different World” back on the small screen:
During its run six year run “A Different World” was the #2 ranked show in African-American households and averaged about 16-20 million viewers per week. Attendance at historically black colleges were at an all time high, due to positive depictions of campus life on the half hour show.
Would you support “A Different World” coming back on the airwaves? If so, contact Debbie Allen at @msdebbieallen on Twitter
- Hurricane Season Emergency Checklist!
- Tom Joyner News: .Rickey Smiley goes in on ‘LHHATL’!
- Tom Joyner News: Tyler Perry’s Atlanta Studio Catches Fire For Second Time This Year!
- Tia & Tamera Talk Babies, Exploring Bahamian Roots for Season 3
- Nicki Minaj Close to Signing $8M Deal for ‘Idol’
Athletes With Drama [PHOTOS]