With the Connecticut school shootings still fresh in our minds Ohio teachers are preparing to learn ways to stop similar situations from happening here.
The training will be held in Columbus Thursday and will help educators look for signs of active shooters before they commit their crimes and how to respond in a school shooting situation.
Classes were originally set-up in December but more courses have been added. They were put in place after the school shooting in Chardon last year to ramp up training for school violence.
The Ohio Attorney General’s Office set the training up. It’s being put on by the Ohio Peace Officers Training Academy and the Ohio Department of Education. The courses are free and focus on preventative measures.
article courtesy of Newsnet5.com
- Blackstreet’s Teddy Riley Sues His Own Daughter [DETAILS]
- Barack Obama Inauguration Playlist: Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, John Legend [LISTEN]
- SHOCKING! Video Of CVS Store Manager Choking Shoplifter To Death Surfaces [GRAPHIC]
- Guess Which Destiny’s Child Member Reveals Her Fight With Depression And How She Overcame it
- DID HE GO TO FAR? Chicago Preacher Sparks Outrage with Naked Pic Of Him and Granddaughter in Bathtub [PHOTO]
Originally seen on http://praisecleveland.com/