NEW YORK — Chris Cuomo is leaving ABC News to host a new morning show at CNN, where new boss Jeff Zucker is moving fast to try to turn around the cable news pioneer that has fallen on hard times.
Network managing editor Mark Whitaker announced he was quitting Tuesday, officially Zucker’s seventh day on the job as CNN Worldwide president. Longtime political consultants and commentators James Carville and Mary Matalin also are leaving.
Cuomo is expected to be paired with current evening anchor Erin Burnett in the mornings. CNN said Tuesday it was discussing other job options with Soledad O’Brien, who will be ending her second stint as morning show co-host.
“Chris is an accomplished anchor who is already an established name in morning television,” Zucker said. “What I love about Chris is that he is passionate about every story he tells, never forgets about the viewer and represents the type of journalism that makes CNN great.” Read more at [blackamericaweb.com]
- Teen Who Marched in Inauguration Parade Gunned Down in Chicago
- Zimmerman Wants to Delay Trayvon Trial
- Little Known Black History Fact: Sarah Collins Rudolph!
- Tom Joyner News: Charlie Wilson’s Back With New Music!
- How To Save A Dying RELATIONSHIP In 4 Steps