In a new interview with Oprah Winfrey,Whitney Houston’s older brother admits he was responsible for introducing the late singer to drugs, including crack cocaine,back in the 1980s.
Michael Houston told Winfrey that he was the first person Whitney ever did drugs with, not the singer’s ex-husband Bobby Brown. Michael admitted that he feels extremely guilty about his sister’s death, but says he didn’t quite realize just how dangerous drugs could be when he started getting high with Whitney.
“You gotta understand at the time … the ’80s … it was acceptable,” he told Winfrey. “It’s painful … I feel responsible for what I let go so far.”
The iconic singer died in February 2012, and while the official cause of death was ruled to be accidental drowning, the Coroner’s office confirmed that Whitney used cocaine immediately before her death, leading to a “cardiac event.” Read more: HuffingtonPost
See a short clip of the interview here…
- Teen Who Marched in Inauguration Parade Gunned Down in Chicago
- Zimmerman Wants to Delay Trayvon Trial
- Little Known Black History Fact: Sarah Collins Rudolph!
- Tom Joyner News: Charlie Wilson’s Back With New Music!
- How To Save A Dying RELATIONSHIP In 4 Steps
Originally seen on http://tlcnaptown.com/