Officers stormed an underground bunker in Alabama where a 5-year-old boy had been held hostage for nearly a week. Authorities rescued the child leaving the boy’s abductor dead, officials said Monday.
Steve Richardson with the FBI’s office in Mobile said at a news conference Monday afternoon that negotiations had deteriorated with 65-year-old Jimmy Lee Dykes, a man neighbors described as an isolated loner. Dykes had been seen with a gun, and officers believed the boy was in imminent danger, Richardson said.
Officers stormed the bunker just after 3 p.m. CST to rescue the child, who was taken to a hospital in nearby Dothan. Officials have said the child has Asperger’s syndrome. Read more [blackamericaweb]
- How Did Beyonce Prepare For Her Big Game Performance? Check Out The Details Inside!
- Tom Joyner News: SAY WHAT: 2 LA Students Lose Fingers During Tug-of-War!
- Tom Joyner News: Beyoncé admits she’s ‘nervous’ about documentary!
- Tom Joyner News: Mary J. Blige co-starring in Lifetime’s “Betty & Coretta,” gave her the opportunity!
- Tom Joyner News: Man Kills 2 Over Dog Poop!