8 Strategies to Create More Love in Your Life
via Randy Kamen Gredinger, Ed.D
Here are some strategies that, when properly orchestrated, create a fertile ground for self-care and the building and strengthening of the relationships that matter most.
1. Be your authentic self and speak your truth.
Speaking your truth is vital to your authenticity as a person. However, that does not give license to be hurtful to another person. When you speak out of anger, what frequently follows is regret. It is wise to take a few deep breaths to feel calm and clear before speaking your truth. Then you are poised to speak with greater thought and care, regardless of the message to be delivered.
2. Practice self-compassion.
Self-compassion occurs when we tune into our own needs and feelings. We are usually hardest on ourselves. While others might receive the overflow of our negativity, we take the hardest hit when we are lacking in self-compassion
3. Remain open and curious.
Be curious rather than judgmental about what your friend or loved one shares. It is much more compelling and informative to listen carefully when someone is speaking to you. Judgment and criticism can be toxic to any relationship.
4. Assume the best of the person with whom you are talking.
Our minds have a way of taking us to weird and sometimes paranoid places. Often, we think the worst without considering the alternatives.
5. Laugh often.
Deliberately craft fun experiences, for these times together create the memories that bring meaning and sweetness to our lives. It’s been shown that laughter may lower stress and the risk of heart disease. READ MORE: Original Story
- OMG! Couple Shot And Killed By Neighbor Over Dog Poop!
- She’s On Fire! Alicia Keys Set To Perform During The 2013 NBA All Star Game Half Time Show!
- Tom joyner News: Ms. Braxton Talks About Her Family, Love and Working It All Out!
- Tom Joyner News: Small Tsunami Hits Solomons!
- Tom Joyner News: Make the Grade or Starve: Lawmaker Ties Welfare Benefits to School Performance!