R&B singer/ actor Tyrese Gibson made an interesting confession recently with The BVX blog. Despite his many talents, fame, and fortune, he said he actually aspired to be a garbage man when he was growing up.
“When you’re in the hood, you want to become the things you see and I wanted to be a trash man. That’s what I was exposed to, I heard about their retirement plans, medical and dental benefits,” he said. “I heard about how much they were making a year, I’m being honest. I used to go like nine houses up the street to help the trash man put the trash on the truck once a week. So my life is a true testament that if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans. So at this point, I don’t know what he’s going to tell me next, but I’m just going to show up and try to be the best version I can be.”
If you haven’t heard, Tyrese will be playing the role of Teddy Pendergrass in an upcoming biopic … once the late singer’s family ends it’s bickering. In the meantime, his book, “How to get Out of Your Own Way” is in stores now. And he co-stars in the awesomely good “Fast Five,” opening this Friday.
Most Popular Articles
- Gabrielle Union Twitpics Her Hair Without A Weave
- Girls on W. 6th Go Off On Dude For Not Moving Car [VIDEO]
- EXCLUSIVE: Lil’ Scrappy’s & His Mom Respond To Diamond Dating “Low Down Dirty B*tch”
- WTF! Guess Who’s Daughters Are Hanging Out And The Parents Aren’t Happy!
- Soulja Boy Got A New Boo? And She’s Just As Play’d Out As His Career Too! [PHOTOS]
- 50 Cent Talks About His Relationship With Ciara & Chelsea Handler
- VIDEO: 2 Year Old Wakes Up To Waka Flocka
- Soulja Boy To Play ‘Bishop’ In The Remake Of ‘Juice’!
- Dwight Howard Wants Royce Reed To Pay Up!
- Former Destiny’s Child Member Arrested