Nine-year-old Natasha Leininger read a book about another child who raised funds for charity by shooting baskets, so she tried to shoot baskets to raise funds for a charity project.
After shooting 1,000 three throws, Natasha only made 4, so basketball was out — but she still had a vision for helping children in Africa.
God made Natasha a good reader so she turned to books and, with the support of her family, her University Model(tm) School Summit Christian Academy, and her church, Cross Mountain Church in San Antonio, Texas, Natasha inspired other students to participate in the first annual “From One Child to Another” Read-a-thon.
- Meet BET’s Sunday’s Best Season 4 Finalists
- Cleveland Church Holds ‘Retrial’ Of Casey Anthony Murder Case
- Sunday’s Best First 10 Performances Recap
- Issac Carree On The Mo’Nique Show
- “Sunday’s Best” First 10 Performances [RECAP]
- Get To Know “Sunday’s Best” Michael Pugh [VIDEO]
- Eddie Long’s Ministry Called Uncooperative In Congressional Church Investigations
- WORLD PREMIERE: Canton Jones “Be Healed” [VIDEO]
- Knife-Wielding Skinhead Knocked-Out In Botched Attack
- Kirk Franklin Heads For Cape Town, South Africa Today
- [ione-gallery id=”387967″ src=”http://newsone.com”%5D