8 Things Women Love (And Hate) About Facial Hair
Sure, some women are more into beards than others, but whether we like our men clean-shaven or scruffy, there are some traits women find universally appealing — and annoying — about facial hair.
Related: 15 Perks To Being Single and Dating
Things Women Hate About Facial Hair
1. Leaving stubble in the sink. So annoying to have to see little black stubble in the sink while you brush your teeth or wash your face in the morning. How hard is it to just rinse?
2. Scratchy chins Many women are really into the gruff, 5 o’clock shadow look… but it’s not exactly pleasant to the touch. It’s not unusual for us to call a make-out session short because we’re starting to suffer from cheek burn.
3. The Vicious Beard/No Beard Cycle There are guys who, like clockwork, every 3 months will catch a glimpse of themselves in a mirror and say “I’m thinking about growing my beard out again…” and then they’ll grow it out, remember how much upkeep it is, shave it all off, and then start to grow it back in another three months. We think guys look hot with or without…but it’s the in-between stages that are hard to live through.
4. Food In The Beard Do you remember “The Twits” by Roald Dahl? So do we. Every time you eat.
Poll: How Do You Break Off Your Pre-Exclusive Relationship?
Things Women Love About Facial Hair
1. Positive Associations Aside from Mr. Twit, we have a lot of positive associations with beards. Something about a well-groomed beard makes us think of such distinguished gentlemen as Abraham Lincoln, Ernest Hemingway, and Zeus. It also (probably falsely) gives us the impression that you would be able to build a cabin in the woods and hunt for food if there was a nuclear apocalypse of some sort.
Related: 7 Types Of Men Who Won’t Make You HAppy
2. Beards Are Soft Stubble hurts…but a beard doesn’t hurt. It’s usually soft, and nice to stroke.
3. Instant Chameleon It’s amazing how a beard can so utterly change how a guy looks. When a guy shaves his beard after growing it out for a few months, it’s sort of like having a brand new boyfriend.
4. Shaving Is Sexy Something about seeing a guy lather up and shave in the morning is both comforting and sexy. Bonus points if he uses cool tools like a shaving brush. Extra bonus points if he lets his girlfriend try shaving for him.
Raphael Saadiq Teases 2023 Tony! Toni! Toné! Tour On IG
BMF Fans Surprised By Yung Miami’s & Big Meech’s Appearance
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
New Documentary: “Jared from Subway: Catching a Monster”
Here's What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
Okay, Let’s Talk About THAT Chloe Bailey/Damson Idris Scene In SWARM
Larsa Pippen Says She and Ex-Scottie Had Sex '4 Times a Night for 23 Years'
These Northeast Ohio Counties Will Have Checkpoints On St. Patrick's Day