Whether they throw a party or host an intimate gathering, celebrities make sure New Year’s is never dull. Here are the New Year’s doin’s of the fab elite:
1) Nicki Minaj took center stage at Dick Clarke’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest. The bubble gum rapper, dressed in a space-age-inspired getup, dominated the show with out-of-this-world performances that included singing her mega hit “Super Bass.” Minaj also launched into orbit with the song “Turn Me On” and closed the show with her latest single, “Roman in Moscow.”
2) Sporting mile-high Louboutins, new bangs, and a white Gucci mini dress, with hardly any room to breathe, Kim Kardashian hosted a Las Vegas bash at nightclub Tao in the Venetian Hotel. Reportedly, the recently separated newlywed arrived in Vegas via a private jet and made a cool $60k for her appearance. Kardashian, who partied as if she didn’t have a care in the world, hung out with her momager, Kris Jenner. Kris Humphries who?
3) Crooner John Legend also hit Sin City on New Year’s Eve, headlining the Pearl Concert Theater at the Palms Casino Resort. Over the holidays, the heartthrob officially removed himself from the playing field by proposing to his girlfriend, Sports Illustrated model Chrissy Teigen.
4) Baller extraordinaire Lebron James rang in the New Year and his birthday by proposing to his high school sweetheart, Savannah Brinson. James got down on bended knee at the stroke of midnight to propose to his lady love after enjoying a private meal at a popular South Beach Miami eaterie. The 27-year-old NBA player’s fellow Miami Heat teammates Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade were there for support, while actress Gabrielle Union, Wade’s girlfriend; A-lister Queen Latifah; and rapper Nas were on hand as well. Lauryn Hill topped of the night with a performance.
5) Music icon Stevie Wonder wowed the crowd as he rang in 2012 at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas. Singing old skool faves, such as “Master Blaster” and “Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I’m Yours),” Wonder performed for nearly three hours with unceasing stamina. Best-selling author and actor Tyrese Gibson joined Wonder on stage for a memorable rendition of “Superstition.”
6) Kanye West is always the life of any party. The outspoken rapper, who dubbed himself “YEEZYWORLDPEACE” on New Year’s Eve, made his DJ debut at the opening of 1 Oak in Vegas at the Mirage Hotel and Casino. Of course, West selected some faves from his greatest-hits playlist along with many other popular music genres, from rap to ’80s pop tunes, for a total of three hours. The bash was hosted by “It” couple Fergie of the Black Eyes Peas and hubby actor Josh Duhamel.
7) Hip-hop mogul Diddy’s New Year’s Eve bashes are the stuff of legends. This year, Diddy and his longtime lady love Kim Porter hosted an event at his Miami estate. Singer Rihanna, accompanied by her ex Matt Kemp, made a fashion splash with her racy lacey dress, which exposed much more than the eye should take in. Other celebs who helped “Mr. Ciroc” bring in the year with gusto were rappers Fat Joe, Busta Rhymes and Nelly and reality TV star Nene Leakes, model Selita Ebanks and more. Last year, Diddy made headlines when he generously provided free transportation for New Year’s Eve partygoers in both New York City and Las Vegas by having thousands of subway passes and taxi vouchers distributed as part of the “Safe Ride” program he launched.
…And how was your New Year’s?
Article Courtesy of News One