In 2012, hundreds of volunteers from Cleveland’s interreligious community will come together to put on the Homeless Stand Down (HSD) — an event for individuals and families experiencing poverty and homelessness. This year, InterAct has entered into a collaborative partnership with HandsOn Northeast Ohio (a nonprofit that connects volunteers with great opportunities) to plan the Homeless Stand Down. We will focus on providing a high quality experience for both guests and volunteers in a dignity affirming environment that promotes interreligious dialogue and community.
Day #1 (Sunday, January 22, 2012 I 7:00 am – 3:00 pm)
Guests enjoy access to social service providers, haircuts, medical screenings, live entertainment, professional portraits, breakfast, lunch, and free winter clothing, personal care kits, and bus passes.The HSD location is the same place as last year, the Masonic Auditorium, 3615 Euclic Ave, Cleveland, Ohio.
Day #2 (Saturday, January 28, 2012 I 10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
This CareVan day is an extension of the Homeless Stand Down, in which the same services (e.g. haircuts, bagged lunches, winter clothing, etc.) are packaged into a CareVan and driven to guests in various shelters and transitional housing sites around Cleveland. This is a perfect opportunity for congregations or groups to “adopt” a site.
Most Popular Articles
- Shocker! (Sike): Antwaun Cook Has Been Cheating on, Baby Momma, Fantasia
- Signs You Need to Let The Relationshop Go
- Shocking! Baby Dies After Mom Put Blow Dryer in Crib to Keep Her Warm
- T.O. Is Broke And He Has No Friends
- Beyonce’s First Post-Baby Interview!
- Just Say No! Rihanna Gets High Off Kush! [PHOTOS]
- BREAKING NEWS: Legendary Singer Etta James Dies at 73
- You Want Fries With That??? Watch a Rat Run Around McDonald’s! [VIDEO]
- Spirituality drew Keyshia Cole to hubby
- President Obama Sings And Gets Remixed By Dj HazMatt