In the latest episode of “what’s Beyonce doing next,” the global superstar takes time to honor her mother.
The self-proclaimed modern-day feminist is the spokesperson and co-creater of Chime for Change, Gucci’s global initiative to empower women. During a recent interview, Beyonce opened up about the influential women in her life and she cited her mom Tina Knowles as the woman she “chimes for.”
MUST READ: Beyonce & Pepsi: Our Favorite 5 Commercials
“My mother’s gift is finding the best qualities in every human being. I think her gift is understanding and helping people get to their best selves,” she said in the video clip.
The 31-year-old singer went on to say that the campaign was created to “call for change for girls and women in the loudest voice possible” and “bring the issues of education, health and justice for girls and women to the world stage.”
“Girls have to be taught from early on that they are strong and capable of being anything they want to be. It’s up to us to change the statistics for women around the world,” she said.
Check out the video below and tell us who is the most influential women in your life.
- New ‘Around the Way’ App Locates Black-Owned Businesses
- What do you think about L.L. Cool J’s New Song called ‘Accidental Racist’? [NEW MUSIC]
- Louisville Wins 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament
- TELEVISION: Chris Rock Joining the Cast of BET’s “Real Husbands of Hollywood!”
- Michael Clarke Duncan’s Family Wants Omarosa Investigated
- Tom Joyner News: Trayvon Martin’s Parents Settle in Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- Tom Joyner News: Louisville Beats Michigan 82-76 To Win NCAA Title!
Check Out This Gallery
Beyonce Honors Her Mother In New Global Initiative Video was originally published on hellobeautiful.com