If you’re counting down for the three-day Memorial Weekend and some good BBQ, be forewarned: The USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) has recalled beef in nine states for possible E. coli contamination.
LIKE BlackDoctor.org on Facebook! Get Your Daily Medicine…For LIFE!
According to the USDA, 11 people in 4 states may have been sickened by ground beef from the 1.8 million pounds being recalled.
Shipments of the tainted beef may have been received in Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Wisconsin at the following retailers:
- Gordon Food Service Marketplace (all nine states listed)
- Giorgio’s Italian Deliatessen (Stuart, Florida)
- M Sixty Six General Store (Orleans, Michigan)
- Surf N Turk Market (Sebring, Florida)
- Buchtel Food Mart (Buchtel, Ohio)
The beef is from the Wolverine Packing Company in Detroit and sold under a variety of names.
HOLIDAY ALERT: 1.8 Million Pounds Of Beef Recalled In 9 States was originally published on blackdoctor.org