Banana Bread Muffins (yields 9)
1/4 cup almond butter*
2 ripe medium/large bananas
2 Tbsp. honey
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup almond flour/meal**
2 Tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F and prepare a muffin pan by spraying 9 cavities with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in pan for ~10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
* can sub with any nut/seed butter.
** can sub with 1/4 cup more oats.
Also On 93.1 WZAK: