1/2 clove garlic
2 cups of mushrooms
1/2 cup onions
3 cups of shredded Parmesan cheese
1 medium size zucchini
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 orange or yellow bell pepper
2 boxes of lasagna noodles
1 1/2 cups of evaporated (condensed) milk
2 cans of sweet corn
1 cup of tomato sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Chop all veggies (and thinly slice zucchini). In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, add two tablespoons of olive oil, garlic, all vegetables and corn and saute for 5-7 minutes (or until slightly soft, but firm). Stir in the cream, one cup of cheese and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes while stirring. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly. Add in some salt and pepper to taste.
3. Take the tomato sauce and layer the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Then layer one layer of dry lasagna noodles, then scoop out 1/3 of the veggie mixture layered evenly on top of noodles. Then 1/3 of cheese.
4. On top of that, do another two layers of the same.
5. Top with remaining cheese.
6. Bake until the pasta is cooked and tender, about 40 minutes. Remove the foil and turn up the oven temperature to broil. Broil until golden brown and bubbly, about 8 to 10 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Click Banner below for Marc’s near you!