1. One-word texts. Don’t just text “Hey” or “Yo.” If you have something to say or ask, do so in your initial text. Get right to the point. Don’t put your ex in an awkward spot of trying to interpret why you’re contacting him/her.
2. Terms of endearment or flirty emoticons. You’re no longer a couple. Avoid using pet names or cute phrases that should be reserved for a relationship. You cannot keep the cute stuff post-breakup.
3. Resentful rants. If you’re upset, tell a friend. Do not text hurtful things just because you’re tired/lonely/drunk and it’s easy to do so. Take the high road into singleness.
Text ‘NEWS’ To 23845
Get WZAK news, concert, contest updates directly to your phone.
Reply Help for Help; STOPWZAK to Cancel; STOP to End All. Msg&Data Rates May Apply. 5 msgs/wk
4. “Why didn’t you text me back?” “Did you get my message?” Send one text. If he/she doesn’t respond, accept that contact is likely not welcome yet.
5. Relationship talk. Don’t debrief or reminisce over text. Beyond an initial post-breakup debriefing, which should be done in person, all relationship lessons should be shared with friends and your journal, not the person who broke your heart.
6. Booty-call requests. Never, ever a good idea.
Like us on Facebook!
7. “Thinking of you.” This isn’t helpful. It’s predictable that recent exes will still be thinking of each other. But once you’re no longer in a relationship, your ex should no longer be privy to your thought life.
8. Sexy pics. See: booty-call requests. Move on.
9. Desperate apologies and pleading. Do not try to win back your ex by begging over text.
10. A second text, and then a third. Once you’ve accomplished what you needed to do – he agreed to give your cat back on Thursday, for example – quit while you’re ahead. Be okay with being the one to end the text conversation.
80-year-old granny robs pregnant woman
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Singer Rachelle Ferrell Struggling With Health Issues and Hardships
National Cheeseburger Day: 7 Places To Get Cheap Burgers In Cleveland!
Cleveland Police Handcuff 8-Year-Old Driving Stolen Car
CARESOURCE BACK TO SCHOOL
New Bae Alert!? Browns Grant Delpit Rumored To Be Dating Rapper Bia