Here’s another recipe that I asked folks to help me out with. I just said on social media, “hey, give me two ingredients and I’ll make a recipe.” Well, here’s what I came up with.
Kale & Cornbread Stuffed Salmon
2 6-oz salmon fillets
1/2 cup of cooked kale (It’s totally okay to use leftover kale for this recipe)
1/2 cup of crumbled cornbread
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of Old Bay
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon of dried Italian herbs
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the cornbread, kale, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper, and garlic powder together in a bowl until it resembles a stuffing mixture.
3. Cut slits in the side of the salmon and stuff them with the kale and cornbread mixture.
4. Season the salmon on both sides with Old Bay, kosher salt, ground black pepper, and dried Italian herbs.
5. Preheat an oven safe skillet to a medium high temperature and add the olive oil to the pan. Then, sear the salmon skin side down. Allow the salmon to cook for 2-3 minutes until it’s golden brown on one side.
6. Then, flip the salmon and place it in the hot oven to cook all the way through. This should take another 5-7 minutes depending upon the thickness of the salmon. Remove and enjoy warm with a spritz of fresh lemon.
For more delicious recipes from Darius, please visit his page here