At Saturday night’s Creative Arts Emmy Awards, the wokest new couple hit the red carpet for the world to see.
According to Bossip, it appears that our favorite political pundit Angela Rye and rapper Common are dating and used last night’s ceremony to confirm those pesky rumors that have been circling about them for a weeks. (However, they have yet to release a public statement about their relationship.)
With their arms wrapped around each other, the two look pretty cozy and comfortable for the cameras.
Along with his new Bae by his side, the Oscar winner was also joined by another lady: His very first Emmy.
He and musician Robert Glasper took home the gold for the track “Letter To The Free” from Ava Duvernay’s 13th documentary.
View this post on Instagram
Although I'm honored and excited beyond belief for this award, my motivation for doing this song was from the heart like it always is. This award is for all the incarcerated people in the prison system and for justice. In the words of the late great Phife, "I'll never let a statue tell me how nice I am…". We have more work to do and this is only the beginning. So please don't think for 1 second that my passion for justice stops here. Thank You @televisionacad @netflix @ava @karriemriggins1 @robertglasper @bilalmusic #Elena #Roy #Burnis and everyone involved with this project. #ImagineJustice
Congrats Common on your award and new love!
Angela, we see you too boo!
BEAUTIES: Do you think they’re actually dating or are they just good friends?
19 Glorious Common Quotes To Live By
1. “Inside is where the fight lay/ And everything a nigga do may not be what he might say.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source: 1 of 13
2. “Never looking back or too far in front of me/ The present is a gift and I just want to be.” [“Be (Intro)”]Source: 2 of 13
3. “Asked my guy how he thought travellin the world sound/ Found it hard to imagine he hadn’t been past downtown.” [“Respiration”]Source: 3 of 13
4. “Hunger in they eyes is what seems to feed me.” [“The People”]Source: 4 of 13
5. “Nobody believe, until I believe me.” [“The People”]Source: 5 of 13
6. “I watched ‘Crash’ and realize that we all survivors/ No religion or race could ever describe us. [“Forever Begins”]Source: 6 of 13
7. “Playing on a field of hard times/ These struggles like the yard line/ that I gain from/ Nowhere is where I came from.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 7 of 13
8. “How could I ever let your words affect me?” [“Get Em High”]Source: 8 of 13
9. “I’m trapped in myself/ See what happens with wealth/ At times you can lose yourself/ During the sunniest of days many superstars melt.” [“Any Given Sunday”]Source: 9 of 13
10. “Life is an obstacle/ As I maneuver through the manure I try to be responsible. [“Book of Life”]Source: 10 of 13
11. “In relationships, I stand my ground. For example, I like to go to church on New Year’s Eve—to spend that time with God. My ex would always want me to go somewhere with her instead, and when I did, I’d regret it. Now I’ll just say to a woman I’m dating, ‘I’m going to church—and I’ll meet you right after.’” [Interview, Oprah]Source: 11 of 13
12. “Nobody wants to live in a sad state in their lives and you can create your own dreams and your own happiness if you just work towards it and believe in it and make those choices that lead towards that.” [Interview, Ebony]Source: 12 of 13
New (Woke) Couple Alert! Are Angela Rye And Common Dating? was originally published on hellobeautiful.com