The results of the NBA’s inaugural All-Star draft, which were announced Thursday night, revealed that Kyrie Irving and LeBron James will be teammates again — if only for one game.
James and Stephen Curry, the leading fan vote-getters from the Eastern and Western Conference and therefore the team captains for next month’s All-Star Game, drafted their teammates, regardless of conference affiliation, on a private conference call Thursday afternoon. James had the first pick while Curry chose which color his team will wear for the league’s annual event, which will take place in Los Angeles at Staples Center on Feb. 18.
James also drafted Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook to his team, reuniting the former Oklahoma City Thunder teammates.
The full rosters are below.
- Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors (starter)
- Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans (starter)
- DeMarcus Cousins, New Orleans Pelicans (starter)
- Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics (starter)
- Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards (reserve)
- LaMarcus Aldridge, San Antonio Spurs (reserve)
- Kevin Love, Cleveland Cavaliers (reserve)
- Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder (reserve)
- Victor Oladipo, Indiana Pacers (reserve)
- Kristaps Porzingis, New York Knicks (reserve)
- John Wall, Washington Wizards (reserve)
CLICK HERE to read full story
LOCAL NEWS NBA All-Star Draft Results: LeBron James Selects Ex-Teammate Kyrie Irving was originally published on praisecleveland.com