Kenneth ‘Babyface’ Edmonds has written over twenty-six number one R&B hits so far throughout his career and we don’t think he’s done yet! Babyface got his name from funk king Bootsy Collins in the late 70s while playing for him because of his youthful look. Early on in his career Babyface join the groups After 7, Manchild and The Deele. But his gig with The Deele would be a pivotal point in his career because that’s where he met Antonio “L.A.” Reid. Babyface and Reid both remained with the Deele until 1988 moving on to forge a partnership that would produce many hits for R&B lovers.
Get Exclusive News and Contest in Your Inbox:
In 1989 the duo started LaFace Records and soon became a powerhouse in the R&B world launching the careers of many greats such as Jon B, Usher and Toni Braxton. Babyface writing and producing catalog is full of hits such as ‘I’m Your Baby Tonight’ by Whitney Houston, ‘Let it Burn’ by Usher, ‘Don’t Be Cruel’ by Bobby Brown ‘I’ll Make Love to You’ by Boyz II Men, ‘Sittin Up in My Room’ by Brandy, ‘You’re Making Me Hight’ by Toni Braxton, ‘Can We Talk’ by Tevin Campbell and many songs of the Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack including ‘Exhale Shoop Shoop’ By Whitney Houston to name a few.
In addition to writing and producing for others Babyface has and some hits of his own including ‘Whip Appeal’, ‘It’s No Crime’ and ‘Someone To Love’. Babyface has won over 10 Grammys and his been nominated dozens of times for his work. In 2013 Babyface received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Babyface continues to write and produce music for others and releasing music of his own to this date.
- Sam Sylk Reality Hour Rewind: She’s Married But She Wants A Ring!!??
- ‘LHHATLS8’ Recap: Spice Wants The Crew To Join Her In Trinidad
- Love And R&B With John Monds: My Music Monday
- Foxy Stepped On Stage & The Crowd Boo’d Too Much!? [VIDEO]
- Why Was Vince Mean Muggin In Tamar’s Son’s Graduation Photo!?
- LOCAL NEWS: Medina County Man Takes His Own Life After Shooting Girlfriend and Attempting to Assault Teen
- Another Goof in ‘Game of Thrones:’ A Water Bottle!
- Ohio Students In Trouble For Putting Urine and Semen In Food for Teachers
- Could Kim Zolciak Return to ‘RHOA’ After T-Boz and Chilli Both Declined?
- LOCAL NEWS: Woman Gets Arrested After She Hits Him for Not Wanting to Have Sex with Her