800,000 government workers have been going without pay since President Trump took a stance to close the government in an effort to get funds to have a wall built on the U.S. -Mexico border.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
According to the Washington Post, Congressional leaders and the President have reached a deal to temporarily open the government back up for three weeks to allow talks to continue about the $5.7 billion for the U.S.-Mexico border wall. This means that all of the federal workers that have been on the job but not getting paid will get paychecks.
The shut down has put a financial strain on many workers and non-government workers. TSA has been taking a hit with workers not showing up for their shifts and flights being delayed because of the lack of workers. Over 14K IRS workers didn’t show up for work, tax refunds couldn’t be processed or distributed. National parks have been closed and some museums unable to open as well. The problems go on and on.
Trump’s temporary government re-opening announcement as accompanied by his stance on why border security and a wall is important. Negotiations will continue over this subject in the next few weeks. Trump stated that he will shut down the government again or declare a national emergency if negotiations do not go his way.
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- New Bill Would Allow Inmates To Donate Their Organs For Reduced Sentences
- Here’s What To Expect At The 2023 Grammy Awards
- Is It Time To Rethink Police Traffic Stops?
- Jay-Z to Perform at Grammys With DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- What Role Did The Black Church Play In American Political History?
- Arrest Warrant Issued For Bengals Joe Mixon But There’s a Twist
- The Bijou Star Files: Missing Detroit Rappers Found Dead
- Teyana Taylor Gave Off Sexy-Cool Vibes At A Pre-Grammy Party In An Oversized Amiri Coat
- The Hot Spot: How Will Ticketmaster Handle Demand Overload For Beyoncé Tickets [WATCH]