While there was MUCH to discuss about the tribute to Motown at the 61st Grammy Awards, one tribute that felt brief but powerful was the one for the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin who passed away last year at 76.
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and Andra Day stood side by side as they belted out Aretha’s signature 1967 hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”. Each woman took a particular verse before coming together to a fiery, impactful finale. Adams previously paid tribute to Franklin with a performance of “Mary Don’t You Weep” at her funeral last August.
You can watch the performance of “A Natural Woman” below.
- LOCAL NEWS: Playhouse Square to Present a Special Performance of ‘The Lion King’ That is Sensory-Friendly
- R. Kelly Appears in Court; Bond Set at $1 Million
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland Voted the Fifth Best City in the United States for Beer!!!
- R. Kelly Turns Himself In, Mug Shot Complete With Struggle
- Sam Sylk & Comedian John Henton Talk Trending Hot Topics
- Rapper T.I.’S Sister, Precious, Has Gone Home To Glory, Age 66
- HELLO WORLD: Yacht Week East Africa Is Catering To Black Women
- Mama’s Baby! Cardi B Shares Adorable Video Of Kulture
- Using BITCOIN to Pay Taxes? It’s Been Done!
- KTLA Anchor Chris Burrous Dies After Putting Crystal Meth In Anus
RELATED: 2019 Grammy Awards Winners List
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia And Andra Day Honor Aretha Franklin At 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO] was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com