While there was MUCH to discuss about the tribute to Motown at the 61st Grammy Awards, one tribute that felt brief but powerful was the one for the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin who passed away last year at 76.
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and Andra Day stood side by side as they belted out Aretha’s signature 1967 hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”. Each woman took a particular verse before coming together to a fiery, impactful finale. Adams previously paid tribute to Franklin with a performance of “Mary Don’t You Weep” at her funeral last August.
You can watch the performance of “A Natural Woman” below.
- ‘Empire’ Star Bryshere Gray Arrested In Chicago, Mugshot Pure Struggle
- LE’ANDRIA JOHNSON @LEANDRIAJ IS TOURING WITH IYANLA VANZANT @IYANLAVANZANT! SHE DID THE WORK!
- Cassie’s Baby Daddy To Be Isn’t Feeling Diddy’s Congratulatory Post
- Loose Juice: OJ Simpson Threatens Parody Twitter Account With The Knife Fade, Via Emoji
- Voices: Doug E. Fresh “Longevity & Flowers”
- Sam Sylk Reality Hour Rewind: He Lied About Being Married!!
- Want A Way to Deter You From Eating Too Much Fast Food?
- Shaun King: We Have To Tear Down The ‘Incarceration System’
- “Emanuel” Documentary Explores Life After Tragic Church Shooting
- LOCAL NEWS: Changes Are Coming To Ohio BMVs To Make Waiting In Line Less Annoying
RELATED: 2019 Grammy Awards Winners List
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia And Andra Day Honor Aretha Franklin At 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO] was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com