While there was MUCH to discuss about the tribute to Motown at the 61st Grammy Awards, one tribute that felt brief but powerful was the one for the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin who passed away last year at 76.
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and Andra Day stood side by side as they belted out Aretha’s signature 1967 hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”. Each woman took a particular verse before coming together to a fiery, impactful finale. Adams previously paid tribute to Franklin with a performance of “Mary Don’t You Weep” at her funeral last August.
You can watch the performance of “A Natural Woman” below.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- LOCAL NEWS: More on Ohio’s Upcoming Vaccine Lottery Drawings
- LOCAL NEWS: Woman Uses Meat to Hit Another Shopper at East Side Walmart
- WATCH: The Vax and US
- H.E.R. Shares Her Biggest Influences, Winning An Oscar, & Upcoming Acting Opportunities [WATCH]
- Philonise Floyd Shares What We Will Learn About George Floyd On TV One’s Sins Of The City [WATCH]
- Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Charged With Manslaughter After Racist Incident
- The Bijou Star Files: Tiffany Haddish Up Next For Queen Of Daytime
- #JusticeForPamelaTurner: Civil Rights Leaders Organize Rally On Second Anniversary Of Her Death
- Singer Tank Is Fighting Hearing Loss [VIDEO]
- Black Man Charged With Manslaughter For Fatally Punching Old Man Over Racist Slur
RELATED: 2019 Grammy Awards Winners List
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia And Andra Day Honor Aretha Franklin At 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO] was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com