While there was MUCH to discuss about the tribute to Motown at the 61st Grammy Awards, one tribute that felt brief but powerful was the one for the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin who passed away last year at 76.
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia and Andra Day stood side by side as they belted out Aretha’s signature 1967 hit “(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman”. Each woman took a particular verse before coming together to a fiery, impactful finale. Adams previously paid tribute to Franklin with a performance of “Mary Don’t You Weep” at her funeral last August.
You can watch the performance of “A Natural Woman” below.
- Breaking News: The City of Cleveland Institutes Curfew
- Governor DeWine Activating National Guard In Columbus
- GEORGE FLOYD: Peaceful Protest in Downtown Cleveland Turns Violent
- Beyonce Demands More Charges To Officers Involved In George Floyd’s Death
- CORONAVIRUS: Ohio Social Distancing Requirements Extended Until July 1
- OHIO: George Floyd Protests Continues in Columbus, Resulting in Attacks on Police and Arrests
- “Dear Black Brotha…” An Open Letter To Black Men In America
- Madonna and Her Son Tries To Pay Tribute to George Floyd on Twitter
- Tamar Braxton Did A Lot Of Self-Reflecting And Is Focused On Changing The Narrative Around Her TV Persona
RELATED: 2019 Grammy Awards Winners List
Yolanda Adams, Fantasia And Andra Day Honor Aretha Franklin At 2019 Grammy Awards [VIDEO] was originally published on myhoustonmajic.com