Boxing legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker was killed Sunday night after being hit by a car in Virginia Beach.
Don’t Miss The Latest In Entertainment, News, and More! Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to WTKR, News 3 the Norfolk native was hit near the intersection of Northampton Boulevard and Baker Road.
A four-weight world champion and an Olympic gold medalist, Whitaker achieved worldwide recognition. After retiring from the ring, he found success as a boxing trainer.
Whitaker was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2006.
He was 55 years old.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Submit Now: Are You Cleveland’s Best Mother/Child Duo?
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx Apologies For ‘Confusion’ Her Office Caused in Adam Toldeo Case
- ‘My Story Has The Power To Save Lives’: A Black Mom Living With Heart Disease Shares Her Mother’s Day Wish
- My Late Mother Taught Me The Power Of Unwavering Faith
- Lori Harvey Breaks Down Her “Glowy And Radiant” Skincare Routine That’s Michael B. Jordan Approved
Boxing Legend Pernell “Sweet Pea” Whitaker Killed By Motorist In Virginia Beach was originally published on kissrichmond.com