One instance that reached national news was when Amy Cooper called the cops on Christian Cooper (not related) after he told her that her dog should be on a leash in a part of Central Park known for birdwatching. Karen told the police that Christian was threatening her and her dog despite Christian telling her not to come any closer to him. He recorded the whole incident which went viral and resulted in some serious consequences for Amy.
But don’t get it twisted. Oftentimes these white women are connected to white men who are very familiar with the 911 button. These men have been deemed “Karen’s Husband” by social media.
One video went viral last week when a white man decided to call the cops on protestors because they were allegedly “honking horns” near his home. In peak white entitlement fashion, he tried to use his service in the military as a reason why he has the authority to make demands.
In another video, a group of Black entrepreneurs described being racially profiled by a white man in a Minnesota building where they rent office space.
The clip shows the white man asking them what office they’re in and eventually, dialing 911. “Granted we’ve been in this office space and have rented and grown our business for the past 1 year and half here,” the group know as Top Figure wrote on their Instagram video. “As we were working out this man approached and immediately asked us who we were and if ‘WE BELONG’ in this building. Granted in order to enter the building you NEED a key card to enter EVERY part of the building which EACH of our team members individually have. We all pay rent here and this man demanded that we show him our key cards or he will call the cops on us.”
Instances like this even caused people to wonder if “Karen’s Husband” should just receive his own name, such as “Ken” or “Chad”.
Black folks, be safe out there and record if you’re able. Ken and Karen are still out here surveilling your existence.
'Karens' Gone Wild: Videos Show Privileged White Women Won't Stop Trying To Police Black People
1. Judith Ann Black, racist Burger King Whopper KarenSource:Sumter County Sheriff’s Office 1 of 28
2. Stephanie Denaro, AKA "Bagel Karen"2 of 28
3. Courtside Karen3 of 28
4. Arlo SoHo Karen4 of 28
5. Trader Joe's 'Karen'5 of 28
6. 'Karen' the angry neighbor6 of 28
7. ‘Karen’ Pulls Gun On Black Woman And Daughter After Chipotle Argument7 of 28
8. Nurse ‘Karen’ Fired8 of 28
9. St. Louis 'Karen'9 of 28
10. ‘Karen’s Husband’ Investigated After Calling Cops On Black Men10 of 28
11. Convenience Store ‘Karen’11 of 28
12. Nurse ‘Karen’ Loses Her Job For ‘Black Privilege’ Video12 of 28
13. Seattle ‘Karen’ Has A Total Meltdown After Black Driver Records Her ‘White Tears’13 of 28
14. Officer ‘Karen’ Is Slammed For Crying White Tears Over McDonald’s Wait14 of 28
15. Kroger ‘Karen’ Blocks Black Mother From Pulling Out Of Parking Lot Over ‘Gatorade’15 of 28
16. San Francisco ‘Karen’ Who Called Cops Over ‘BLM’ Art16 of 28
17. Karen the "Shorewood Spitter"17 of 28
18. Karen's husband18 of 28
19. Karen's other husband19 of 28
20.20 of 28
21.21 of 28
22.22 of 28
23.23 of 28
24.24 of 28
25.25 of 28
26.26 of 28
27.27 of 28
28.28 of 28
Beware Of ‘Karen’s Husband’: Social Media Spotlights White Men Who Also Love To Call The Police was originally published on newsone.com