Ohio Democratic Senator Tina Maharath broke down in session today while having discussions about racism. This session was being held to further discuss the proposal to declare racism a public health crisis.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Senator Maharath fears that sending her child back to school will lead to racism due to President Trump continuing to refer to COVID-19 as “kung-flu” or the “Chinese Virus”. Senator Maharath is Ohio’s first Asian American lawmaker and serves the 3rd district.
Senator Maharath was attending an Ohio Senate Health Committee meeting and listening to guests sharing how racism has impacted their lives. Senator Maharath was taken back by the stories shared saying, “My son is 8 years old, He’s about to go to school and probably have the same thing that happened to you. It breaks my heart. It breaks my heart to know that they’re telling us to go back to China. They’re telling us this is a Chinese virus.” Senator Maharath also shared some of her feelings on Twitter
After her tweet Senator Maharath started to receive many tweets of support.
President Trump continues to stand behind his racist language as he blames China for the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Florida Man Lashes Out at Older Woman and Another Man Over Mask Wearing at a Costco
- Ohio GOP State Representative Nino Vitale: “Stop Getting Tested” for COVID-19
- So Who Is Kanye West’s Vice President Pick Michelle Tidball?
- LOCAL NEWS: Children’s Museum of Cleveland Has Once Again Opened Its Doors
- Reg Killed Off The CHI For Being Shy!? Or Is He Still Alive??
- DISCUSSION: Should The Cleveland Indians Become The Cleveland Buckeyes?
- Rock Hall Pulls The Plug on Live Induction Ceremony for 2020 Honorees
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Discusses Gun Violence & Open Carry Laws [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
- The Bijou Star Files: BLM Mural Vandals Being Charged With A Hate Crime
- Gary’s Tea: What Makes Someone An “Exotic” Woman? [WATCH]
Ohio Senator Breaks Down During Session Due to Racism was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com