After months a statewide curfew has expired for Ohio. Governor Mike DeWine did not extend the curfew because hospitalizations related to COVID-19 have decided for two weeks.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
In his daily COVID-19 press conference Governor DeWine ured Ohioans to stay vigilant and continue to practice social distancing and “keep doing what we’ve been doing.” In order to keep COVID diagnoses and hospitalization numbers going down. He also said, “Let’s get the vaccine into our ars as quick as we can, but at the same time, we’ve got to continue to wear a mask, we’ve got to continue to keep the distancing.”
The lifting of the curfew will allow businesses to stay open later and hopefully bring in more revenue.
Ohio has had over 900K reported cases, over 12k deaths, and over 48k hospitalizations. Starting February, 15th Ohioans over the age of 65 will have access to the COVID vaccine. In addition, Ohioans who have early childhood conditions that have been carried into adulthood will also gain access to the vaccine. See below for a breakdown of the latest group that will have access or visit coronavirus.ohio.gov for more information.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Submit Now: Are You Cleveland’s Best Mother/Child Duo?
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Cori Bush Pushes Back After Using Gender-Inclusive Language During Powerful Testimony On Black Maternal Health
- Letitia James Files $2.75M Suit Against Right-Wing Voter Operatives Who Targeted Black Voters
- LOCAL NEWS: Longtime Akron-Area Televangelist Ernest Angley Has Passed Away at Age 99
- Queen Naija Opens Up About Getting A ‘Mommy Makeover’ To Feel Comfortable Again
- New Moms Reflect On Learning To Love Their Body After Having A C-Section
- Pop Smoke Was Shot Over A Rolex By A 15-Year-Old
- LOCAL NEWS: Budweiser Truck Crashes into a House on Cleveland’s Far West Side
- LOCAL NEWS: Dennis Kucinich a Frontrunner in Poll on 2021 Cleveland Mayoral Election
- LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland City Councilman Basheer Jones The Latest to Run for Mayor
- 18 Brooklyn Gang Members Charged For String of Shootings That Left A 1-Year-Old Boy Dead