According to NBC4i, A spokesman said Wednesday that Gov. Mike DeWine has no immediate plans to lift Ohio’s statewide mask mandate despite recent decisions to do so in Texas and other states.
Dan Tierney, the governor’s press secretary, said that even people who have been vaccinated could still transmit a weakened form of the coronavirus to someone at risk of a serious case of COVID-19.
Tierney said Ohioans still need to wear masks and socially distance until the state reaches a critical mass of people who have received the vaccine.
Texas and Mississippi have relaxed restrictions put in place because of the pandemic. Rep. Jim Jordan of Ohio’s Fourth District, in addition to former state treasurer Josh Mandel, who is running for the U.S. Senate in 2022, have questioned why Ohio’s orders remain in place.
For the full NBC4 story click here https://www.nbc4i.com/news/local-news/gov-mike-dewine-has-no-immediate-plans-to-lift-ohios-mask-mandate/
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Toni Braxton Sets Twitter ON FIRE With Semi-Nude Photos
- The Bijou Star Files: Nicki Minaj Drops “Beam Me Up Scott” But She Didn’t
- Model Monday: Myori Granger Knows All Money Isn’t Good Money
- VIDEO: Joe Budden Named In Graphic Sexual Harassment Allegation By Ex-Employee
- Watch: David Oyelowo Gives BAW An Exclusive Breakdown Of His Directorial Debut With ‘The Water Man’
- Come Thru Moneybagg Joe: Cash Payments To Families Start July 15
- 4 Moments We Loved From The Urban One Honors
- The Game Threatens To Beat Up Jake Paul In LA
- CVS Employee Arrested After Cops Found Fraudulent COVID Vaccination Cards
- J. Cole’s Professional Basketball Debut Is In The Books
Governor DeWine Not Lifting Ohio’s Mask Mandate Anytime Soon was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com