Amazon Prime will be the exclusive home for the NFL’s Thursday Night Football starting in 2022, a year earlier than anticipated, the NFL announced Monday.
Amazon will air Thursday football games across hundreds of digital devices on PrimeVideo. It will take over the entire NFL package from 2022 through 2032. The NFL originally announced that the agreement with Amazon games would begin in 2023.
TNF Primetime show has been on FOX for several years, dating back to 2006. However, the NFL 2021 season will be the last for Thursday Night Football on the network. The league said FOX will continue to air “America’s Game of the Week” Sunday afternoons, which is the most-watched show in all of the broadcasting for the last 12 seasons.
This is the first time a streaming service has had the full rights to an NFL package.
- ‘Where My Dogs At?’ TVOne’s ‘Uncensored’ To Air DMX’s Final Interview
- Nominate Your Hometown Shero As We’re Celebrating Women Leading Change In Our Communities!
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- WATCH: The Vax and US
- H.E.R. Shares Her Biggest Influences, Winning An Oscar, & Upcoming Acting Opportunities [WATCH]
- Philonise Floyd Shares What We Will Learn About George Floyd On TV One’s Sins Of The City [WATCH]
- Dunkin’ Donuts Employee Charged With Manslaughter After Racist Incident
- The Bijou Star Files: Tiffany Haddish Up Next For Queen Of Daytime
- Singer Tank Is Fighting Hearing Loss [VIDEO]
- Black Man Charged With Manslaughter For Fatally Punching Old Man Over Racist Slur
- Tiffany Haddish’s Short Buzz Cut Maybe Coming To Daytime Television
- Vashtie Talks Motherhood, Style Inspirations, And Her Latest Sneaker Collaboration With Pine-Sol
- The Undressing Room Podcast Presented By Macy’s Ep15: “Girl Code”
Thursday Night Football will move a year early from FOX to Amazon Prime starting 2022 was originally published on wfnz.com