According to NBC4i, more than 110,000 Ohio school students and more than 22,000 teachers and staff members have tested positive for COVID-19, according to the latest weekly data released Thursday by the Ohio Department of Health.
Numbers reflect the week ending the previous Sunday, so this week’s modest increase of 5,559 new cases is lower, because it reflects a time that schools were on winter break.
Ohio K-12 schools have reported 136,082 total cases to ODH since the school year began. Infections were caught in and out of school.
113,310 (83%) cases are students and 22,772 (17%) are staff members, which include teachers, administrators, coaches and support staff.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Browns Player Malik McDowell Arrested, Accused of Attacking Police
- Nominate Today: Future History Makers 2022
- March 4: New Edition with Charlie Wilson & Jodeci!!
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- The Bijou Star Files: Mourning The Death Of Rapper Young Dolph
- Hot Spot: The New ‘Real Housewives Of Atlanta’ Cast Revealed! Marlo Hampton Gets A Peach! [WATCH]
- Georgia DA Who Justified Ahmaud Arbery’s Murder Not Seeking Re-Election: Report
- Steve Smith: The Big Question is Which OC Fits What The Panthers Want To Do
- Lusia Harris, ‘The Queen Of Basketball’ And First Woman Drafted By The NBA, Dies At 66
- Rep. Barbara Lee Commemorates 6th Annual National Day Of Racial Healing With Panel On Reparations And Transformation
- Here’s What Joe Biden Said About The Murder Of MLK Versus The Murder Of George Floyd [WATCH]
- Venus Williams Says She’s A Virgin + Pastor Michael Todd Puts Spit On Man’s Face During Sermon
- Pastor Mike Todd Apologizes For Spitting In Mans Face During Sermon [VIDEO]
- Inmates Suing For Being Used As Guinea Pigs For COVID Treatment [VIDEO]
- The Bijou Star Files: The Spitting Pastor That’s Raising Eyebrows
- White Woman Loses Rhodes Scholarship After Getting Busted For Lying About Being Poor And Growing Up In Foster Care