According to NBC4i, the requirements for teachers and staff members to carry weapons on school grounds have been set.
Gov. Mike DeWine announced Monday that the Ohio School Safety Center has finished setting the training requirements. Known as the Armed School Staff Essential Training (ASSET) Curriculum, it was developed to meet requirements set forth by House Bill 99, which gives Ohio school boards and governing bodies the option to arm staff members.
“For districts that choose to arm a school staff member, this training will ensure that those individuals are thoroughly prepared to respond to emergencies specific to a school environment,” DeWine said in a news release.
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Honda of Cleveland Heights Has Your New Car!
- Posted On The Corner: Big Boogie Breaks Down His New DJ Drama Mixtape ‘REDRUM Wizard’
- Woman Is Claiming Diddy Shot Her In The Face In A Club In 1999
- The Bijou Star Files: Why Is Beyoncé Rocking A Mullet
- White Pastor Defends Slavery And Calls Martin Luther King Jr. A ‘Non-Believer Who Misrepresented Christ’
- Ryan Cameron Uncensored: K. Michelle And Amber Riley Talk ‘Single Black Female 2: Simone’s Revenge’
- Watch: BET’s ‘Comic View’ Returns With An All-Star Lineup of Comedians
- Digital Detox: 10 Ways to Disconnect For Global Day of Unplugging
- Oprah Winfrey Steps Down From Weightwatchers Board After Admitting She Used Weight-Loss Drugs
- Black Excellence: Oldest Woman In The U.S. Shares Her Tips For A Long, Happy Life
Ohio sets training program to arm teachers, staff members in schools was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
Sex Positions You’ve Never Heard Of (But Need to Try, Now)
Here's Where To Find The Best Corned Beef in Cleveland!
These AT&T Outage Posts Will Make You Laugh, Unless Your Phone Is Still Off
Get Your Tickets To The We Them Ones Comedy Tour!
Cam Newton Remains Unfazed After Getting Jumped At Youth Football Event, Social Media Reacts
Miami Dolphins Wide Receiver Tyreek Hill Sued For Reportedly Breaking Model’s Leg During Football Drills
Ohio Toddler Shoots Himself While Mothers Are Sleeping
Audience Walks Out On Comedian Following George Floyd Joke