The Cleveland Browns have hired Jim Schwartz as the team’s new defensive coordinator.
Schwartz, who last season served as the top defensive assistant for the Tennesse Titans, will replace former DC Joe Woods. Cleveland’s defense was marginally better over the second half of last year, though they simply didn’t improve enough across the board to stop Woods from being let go.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
It’s a homecoming of sorts for the Browns new DC. His first NFL job was with Cleveland back from 1993-1995 when he was a scout under legendary Patriots coach Bill Belicheck.
Schwartz comes to Cleveland with a lot of NFL experience. Before working for Tennesse he served the defense of the Bills and Eagles, with Philly winning a Super Bowl in 2017. He also was the head coach of the Detroit Lions from 2009 to 2013.
Do you think Jim Schwartz was the right hire for the Browns?
- Don’t Miss A Moment Of The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- New Bill Would Allow Inmates To Donate Their Organs For Reduced Sentences
- Here’s What To Expect At The 2023 Grammy Awards
- Is It Time To Rethink Police Traffic Stops?
- Jay-Z to Perform at Grammys With DJ Khaled and Lil Wayne
- Rickey Smiley Reveals Details Of “Standing Ovation” For His Late Son, Brandon
- What Role Did The Black Church Play In American Political History?
- Arrest Warrant Issued For Bengals Joe Mixon But There’s a Twist
- The Bijou Star Files: Missing Detroit Rappers Found Dead
- Teyana Taylor Gave Off Sexy-Cool Vibes At A Pre-Grammy Party In An Oversized Amiri Coat
- The Hot Spot: How Will Ticketmaster Handle Demand Overload For Beyoncé Tickets [WATCH]