The Cleveland Browns have reportedly restructured Deshaun Watson’s massive contract, effectively freeing up $36M in cap space for the 2024 NFL season. The news was first reported by NFL Insider Ian Rapoport.
With the NFL’s free agency period opening on March 15th, the Browns needed to make a move in order to add to a roster that failed to make the playoffs a season ago.
Watson’s massive $230M, fully guaranteed contract was unprecedented throughout the league. The $55M cap hit, before the restructuring, was also a league record.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
The Browns are expected to be active when free agency opens. The team will be looking to add several key positions, including on the defensive line and perhaps even a wide receiver.
- Wrongfully Convicted Cleveland Men To Sue Cops Who Arrested Them
- Akron Zoo Helps Brings Back This Extinct Species To Tahiti
- Dozens Arrested After 100 Juveniles Stormed Philadelphia Stores
- Designer Is Suing Lizzo, Although She Never Worked Directly With Her
- Workout Wednesday With Tracey Brown: Squat Wit Me Workout
- Famed Puppeteer Megan Piphus Released Debut Children’s Album ‘Spaceships & Dreams’ With Bootsy Collins & Sir the Baptist
- Women Runnin’ Sh!t: ‘Rap Sh!t’s’ Season 2 Soundtrack Boasts Leading Single “No Panties” From Sexyy Red
- DJ HazMatt Music Video Recap: Browns Beat Titans
- Megan Thee Stallion Shared Her Renaissance Tour Weekend Recap With Her Idol Beyoncé
- 7th Annual Black Owned Wine & Spirits Festival Makes DC Return On September 30
80-year-old granny robs pregnant woman
Krayzie Bone ‘Fighting For His Life’ In LA Hospital, Per Report
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Singer Rachelle Ferrell Struggling With Health Issues and Hardships
National Cheeseburger Day: 7 Places To Get Cheap Burgers In Cleveland!
New Bae Alert!? Browns Grant Delpit Rumored To Be Dating Rapper Bia
Krayzie Bone Update: Another Surgery Needed For Cleveland Legend
Social Media Reacts To ‘Shocking’ New Mugshot As Tory Lanez Transferred To State Prison