Two of Malcolm X’s daughters are pissed about the new biography, “Malcolm X: A Life of Reinvention”that alleges their parents’ marriage was strained and that their mother and possibly their father were unfaithful.
The author Manning Marable, a highly respected scholar who worked for more than 20 years on the book, died last week of complications of pneumonia just before publication. Ilyasah and Malaak Shabazz say they did not speak to Marable for the book, which draws upon thousands of interviews, government documents and private papers.
The book alleges that parts of “The Autobiography of Malcolm X,” a classic released after Malcolm X’s death that sold more than 1 million copies, were inaccurate. For instance, Marable questions details of Malcolm X’s early life as a criminal, writing that Malcolm likely exaggerated his wrongdoings.
According to the book, the marriage was often tense, in part because of Malcolm’s wish to have a traditional, subservient Muslim wife and because he was away so often and his life was often threatened. There were problems of emotional and physical intimacy. Marable includes a letter from Malcolm to Nation of Islam leader Elijah Muhammad that offers a blunt account of their home life, with Malcolm reporting that his wife believed they were “incompatible sexually.” Malcolm also tells Muhammad that Betty had threatened to “seek satisfaction elsewhere.”
Marable also goes on to say that Betty became involved in 1964 with Charles Kenyatta, a close associate of Malcolm’s. Malcolm, too, may have had affairs including a homosexual relationship with a white man, although the evidence is still very shady. Marable claims Malcolm X knew of the relationship between his wife and Kenyatta, according to the book, and “the news of infidelity seems to have loosened Malcolm’s own marital bonds.”
Malcolm X was assassinated in 1965. His wife, Betty Shabazz, died in 1997 after one of her grandchildren set fire to herapartment.
You can read the book on your iPad or whatever and judge for yourself. Click the link. So what do you think? Has Malcolm X not gotten his proper due or is there some truth to this book? Let’s hear what you have to say!
Most Popular Posts
- No comments have been made in the last days.
- Biggie’s murder no longer a mystery? New Details!!
- WATCH LEBRON’S 1ST EPISODE OF “THE LEBRONS” [Video]
- Family Of 11-Year-Old Gang Rape Victim Holds Texas Fundraiser
- 60 Minutes Talks Gospel For Teens, Part 1 [VIDEO]
- Mariah Carey Naked & Pregnant On The Cover of Life & Style
- Drop That Bomb: DJ Funk Flex’s Wife Drops The Bomb – Divorce?
- [Video] Love & Hip Hop Episode 4: Jim Jones Gets Disrespected Goes Nuts On A Man
- President Obama To Speak At Sharpton Convention Today
- White House meet to avoid a goverment shutdown!
- April Fools joke not taken lightly for City Hall worker