The second-to-last episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show” featured Part 2 of the “Farewell Surprise Spectacular” that Oprah’s producers cooked up for her.
It was just as starry and sentimental as Part 1, with celebrities such as Will Smith, Jerry Seinfeld, Michael Jordan, Stevie Wonder, Maria Shriver, Alicia Keys and Aretha Franklin toasting Oprah, and with emotional tributes to her support of education from some of the people she had given college scholarships to. When some of these students emerged, Oprah broke down and began weeping.
But perhaps the most surprising part of the entire event was the appearance by Oprah’s long-time partner Stedman Graham. The two rarely appear in public together, and Oprah was stunned to see Stedman walk out on the stage of the United Center.
“What in the name of Jesus?!” she exclaimed.
“It really does amaze me that I get to be around a woman who changes peoples’ lives every day and who also takes her own lunch to work,” Stedman said. “I cannot, honey, believe that a colored girl from the backwoods of Mississippi has done all that you have done … I love you for making a difference in my life.”
Stedman then introduced Aretha Franklin, and joined Oprah in the crowd to listen to the Queen of Soul sing “Amazing Grace”–amazingly, of course.
Most Popular Articles
- VIDEO: Father Having Sex With His Daughter?
- WZAK 30th Anniversary With R. Kelly
- Smh! Ex-Wrestler Indicted for HIV-Related Charges!
- Tiny’s Twitter Hacker Breaks Up With T.I. & Threatens The White House!
- Swizz Brings His Kids Together To Celebrate Daughter’s 3rd Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Tami & Evelyn Return With More Drama In “Basketball Wives” Season 3 [PREVIEW]
- NeNe Leakes Gets Dumped, Ex-Boyfriend’s Fiance To Join “RHOA”?
- The Arnold Factor: Why Married Men Have Unprotected Sex With the Mistress
- Don’t Waste Your Money: Things hotels won’t tell you
- The New Dance Craze: Boys Debut New Dance Called Sha-Nay-Nay! [VIDEO]