Aretha Franklin is on the move with her career, but there is something trying to hold her back.
A longtime songwriting partner of the diva has sued her publishing company, claiming it did not sign a royalty agreement for a song on her recently released album, according to The AP.
Aretha’s Springtime Publishing Inc, is being sued by Norman D. West for copyright infringement who is seeking unspecified damages for future royalties.
Both West and Franklin have a long history together and have worked with one another for over 20 years.
But it all comes down to money. However, the suit claims the writer has attempted to settle the dispute out of court with no avail.
“These are two parties that have a long-standing working collaboration,” West’s attorney,Jeffrey Thennisch, told The Detroit News. “Mr. West has the utmost respect for Springtime and everyone associated with it. Mr. West has told me that he owes much of his career to Aretha Franklin and that he views her as both a mentor and a guiding force in his career.” EURWeb.com
Most Popular Articles
- Cleveland Soul – #216 Music
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Michele Bachmann On ‘The View’ [VIDEO]
- Alicia Keys & SWIZZ BEAT’S Baby Boy Egypt
- Alicia Keys Takes Sons For Stroll Through New York [PHOTOS]
- Bobbi Kristina Checks Tyrese On Twitter Over Whitney Rumors
- Malia Obama Has First Kiss and Boyfriend!
- Monica And Shannon Brown Tie The Knot..AGAIN!
- Ohio Homecoming: Bone & Drake on the Lake
- Casey Anthony Is A Free Woman!! Where Will She Live? You Might Be Surpised!
- Khloe Kardashian & Lamar Odom Involved In Near Fatal Car Accident!