America first noticed gospel music legend Vickie Winans’ nephew Tim Bowman Jr. when he scatted on the vamp of her 2009 Top 10 radio smash, “How I Got Over.” However, the gifted 22-year old Wayne State University pharmacy student is no longer singing in the background. The son of #1 smooth jazz guitarist Tim Bowman, Bowman is putting the finishing touches on his first solo CD, Beautiful. The thirteen-track set releases April 10, 2012 via I.M. Records, Trippin N’ Rhythm and Sony Red Distribution.
Bowman, whose vocal influences range from a variety of gospel artists to Coldplay, Michael Jackson and Ella Fitzgerald, is poised to shake up the sacred music genre. His unique blend of rhythms would easily fit in on a Top 40 radio music playlist as it would in a Sunday morning church service. The sounds range from pulsating electronica tracks such as “Throw It Away” and “I’m Here” to raw gospel like the riveting, “Abide With Me Medley” that was produced by Marvin Winans of the Grammy Award winning Winans vocal group. In between, there’s the Caribbean rumba of “Looking For Love,” the rousing rock-edged anthem “Healer” and the acoustic guitar-laced ballad, “Beautiful.” Family friend, Dorinda Clark Cole of the legendary Clark Sisters, joins Bowman on the funky “Sunday Morning” while Vickie Winans jazzes up the mid-tempo, “He Will.”
“He Will” is the forthcoming CD’s first single. For the last six months, it has steadily built momentum at gospel radio and creating a strong foundation for Bowman’s career longevity. The tune has peaked at #20 on Billboard’s Hot Gospel Songs chart and #18 on the Mediabase Gospel chart thus far and continues to make new believers out of radio programmers. “It’s gonna be a busy year for Tim Bowman Jr.,” says Pat Butler, afternoon drive and music director for WEXL 1340-AM, a gospel radio station in Detroit. “Born to make great gospel music, he continues to bring a fresh sound to Urban Gospel.” Bowman says in reflecting on the purpose in his music that, “Each song should stand alone. Sometimes, you only have one chance for a person to hear and connect with your message. I want every person who listens to this album to not only get that message but also to feel the FUN I had making it.”
Make sure to listen to this handpicked playlist from his Grammy, Stellar Winning Aunt Vickie Winans:
Most Popular Articles
- Marlo Hampton’s face slash victim reportedly committed suicide !!!
- Congradulations Beyonce & Jay-Z It’s a Girl!!
- The Truth About Why Kim Kardashian divorced Kris Humphries Revealed
- Love & Hip Hop: The Romance Behind Jim Jones’ Proposal To Chrissy [VIDEO]
- TELL ‘EM WHY YOU MAD! Michelle Williams LASHES OUT At Fans About Beyonce Baby Blue Ivy Carter!
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Kid ‘N Play’s Reid
- Wendy Williams calls Fantasia ‘dead wrong’
- Khloe Kardashian Has Different Father than Sisters…???
- Beyonce And Her Father Have A TEARFUL REUNION . . . In The DELIVERY ROOM!!! (They Hadn’t Spoke In A YEAR)
- LOCAL NEWS: Four Arrested in Relation to Euclid Shooting