With a new single about to drop, a solo album in the works and a starring role in a national tour of a Broadway musical, you’d be hard-pressed to tell that Michelle Williams once had difficulty just getting out of bed.
The singer-actress – one third of Destiny’s Child alongside Beyonce and Kelly Rowland – said that in the past few months she has emerged from years of suffering from moderate depression. Her dark cloud lifted thanks to exercise, therapy and positive thinking.
“I’ve dealt with depression,” the 32-year-old said during a break in rehearsals for a new touring production of “Fela!” that kicks off later this month. “I had to choose to get out of bed and do whatever I needed to do to be happy.”
Williams says she suffered her first bout of depression at 15 or 16 and has managed to avoid medication. She is speaking out for the first time about her battle to encourage others to seek help.
“We’re taught, `Just go to church and pray about it. The Lord is going to heal you.’ Well, in the meantime, I believe God-gifted people, physicians, doctors, therapists – that’s your healing. Take advantage of it,” she said. “Go see a professional so that they can assess you. It’s OK if you’re going through something. Depression is not OK, but it is OK to go get help.”
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of TheHuffingtonPost.com
- Micheal Jackson’s Dermatologist Implies That He Is Biological Father of MJ Kids [DETAILS]
- Celeb Gossip: Tiger Woods proposes to ex-wife Elin Nordegren?!
- Oprah Interview: Lance Armstrong Admits To Doping, ‘I Couldn’t Win Without it!’ [FULL VIDEO]
- 5 New Rules for Online Dating EVERY Woman Should Know
- 7 Signs He’s Not Ready to Commit