Louisville guard Kevin Ware was up and walking on crutches Monday morning, and coach Rick Pitino said his player’s spirits have been boosted by the outpouring of support from friends and fans.
Ware isn’t in any pain after a 2-hour surgery Sunday night to repair a horrifying fracture in his right leg. Doctors reset the bone and inserted a rod, and are monitoring him to make sure there’s no infection, Pitino said.
“He’s doing terrific, in great spirits,” Pitino, who visited Ware on Sunday night and again Monday morning, said on a conference call. “He’ll be with us in Atlanta.”
Ware broke his leg in the first half of Sunday’s Midwest Regional final when he landed awkwardly after trying to contest a 3-point shot, breaking his leg in two places. He was taken off the court on a stretcher as his stunned teammates openly wept.
Read more here.
- Chris Brown Turns Down Oprah…!
- April Fools’ Comedy: Kid President Stars In White House Prank
- Another Sesame Street Puppeteer Allegedly Caught Up In Public Scandal
- Tameka Raymond Launches Foundation For Son’s Memory
- Nene Leakes Getting Her Own Spinoff Show?
- Michelle Williams Talks about her character, Sandra Isadore In Jazz Play ‘Fela’
- Dawn Robinson Says Leave Her Name Out of En Vogue Legal Mess
- Heidi Klum Saves Son Henry from Drowning
- Can You Be Too Close To Your Significant Other?
Kevin Ware walking on crutches and “in great spirits” after BBall Broken Leg was originally published on tlcnaptown.com