People must have taken Jay-Z seriously when he said, “Pledge your allegiance,” artists are signing to his Roc Nation management company left and right. Now Jay is stepping into the sports arena. His first signee is the New York Yankees second baseman Robinson Cano.
When asked about branching off into sports management, Jay said, “Because of my love of sports, it was a natural progression to form a company where we can help top athletes in various sports the same way we have been helping artists in the music industry for years.”
To break into the sports management world, Roc Nation teamed up with Creative Artists Agency. Their partnership will open doors for athletes in the world of entertainment and pop culture on a global scale. that seems like something Robinson Cano is looking for. “At this point in my career, I am ready to take a more active role in my endeavors both on and off the field. I am confident that the pairing of Roc Nation Sports & CAA Sports will be essential in helping me accomplish my short- & long-term goals.”
How do you think Jay-Z will fare in the realm of sports management? It is an ambitious move, but what exactly does Jay know about the business side of managing athletes. And don’t bring up his ownership of one-fifteenth of a percent of the Brooklyn Nets. It’s not the same thing.
- Coach Gets Fired For Going Way Over The Top On His Payers [Video]
- ‘The Face’ Winner, Devyn, Clears Up ‘Not Black Model’ Statement
- Janelle Monáe is the ESSENCE Cover Girl for May
- Tom Joyner News: Kevin Clash Sued for the 5th Time for Underage Sex
- Tom Joyner News; Airline Pay-By-Weight For Flights
- Tom Joyner News: Man Made Famous For Being Pregnant Plans to Keep Seeking Divorce!
- VIDEO PREMIERE: Joe, “I’d Rather Have A Love”
Jay-Z Signs NY Yankee Robinson Cano To Sports Division Of Roc Nation was originally published on theurbandaily.com