For over 20 years, Toni Braxton and her self-appointed “musical husband” Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds have been blowing up the charts and making hits that have scooped up awards, appeared on some of the hottest movie soundtracks, and stayed in heavy rotation in our minds and players.
Both have a powerful way with the pen and have written lyrics that capture the joys and pains of love; each of them can croon in a way that can mend a listener’s heart — or break it — depending on where they’re going with their words. But how exactly do these musical powerhouses come up with the hits that move us? Sometimes, by good old fashion improvising!
After such a long working history together these musicians know how to play off each other — like some married couples know how to finish each other’s sentences. Watch their chemistry come to life while they tinker around at the piano and end up creating a beautiful song, in the video clip above. Who knows, it just might be their next hit!
Click here to order Toni Braxton and Babyface’s joint album “Love, Marriage & Divorce” on iTunes, due for release February 04, 2014. And don’t miss an exclusive special with these two icons on TV One, February 8, 2014 at 10p ET/9p CT.
Toni Braxton's Top 15 Songs
1. Toni Braxton's Best SongsSource: 1 of 10
2. Toni Braxton & Babyface- "Hurt You"Source: 2 of 10
3. Toni Braxton- "How Could An Angel Break My Heart"Source: 3 of 10
4. Toni Braxton- "He Wasn't Man Enough For Me"Source: 4 of 10
5. Toni Braxton- "How Many Ways"Source: 5 of 10
6. Toni Braxton- "Seven Whole Days"Source: 6 of 10
7. Toni Braxton- "I Love Me Some Him"Source: 7 of 10
8. Toni Braxton- "You're Making Me High"Source: 8 of 10
9. Toni Braxton- "Another Sad Love Song"Source: 9 of 10
How Do Toni Braxton and Babyface Make Music Magic? Watch! [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com