Terry Crews is coming to daytime television.
The “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star will take over as host of the syndicated game show, “Who Wants To Be a Millionaire” which starts its 13th season in the fall. He succeeds Cedric the Entertainer, who said last week he would be leaving after hosting for one year.
In addition to Fox’s “Brooklyn,” Crews appears in the upcoming film “Blended,” and his first book, Manhood, comes out on May 20.
“I’m beyond thrilled to be joining ‘Who Wants to Be a Millionaire’ and the Disney-ABC family,” Crews said in a statement accompanying the announcement. “Millionaire is such a beloved franchise and I can’t wait to get started as the new host. In addition to my film projects … hosting has always been a dream of mine, and I couldn’t have asked for a greater opportunity.”
Disney-ABC Domestic Television president Janice Marinelli praised Crews, who played in the NFL. “Terry is engaging, endearing, smart, and quick on his feet – the perfect combination to lead one of the longest-running franchises in game show history.”
“Millionaire” is moving production from New York to Stamford, Conn., for the upcoming season. James Rowley is joining the show as executive producer.
Meredith Vieira hosted the first 11 seasons of the syndicated edition, which grew out of a one-time, prime-time ratings juggernaut hosted by Regis Philbin.
Article Courtesy of EUR Web
Picture Courtesy of The Urban Daily