DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –The city of Cleveland is excited to welcome all dedicated fans to the downtown area this Friday for the Cleveland Indians home opener against the Detroit Tigers at 4:10 p.m. and the Cleveland Cavaliers game vs. the Boston Celtics at 7:30 p.m.
In addition to increased traffic, lane restrictions and construction in the downtown area and around Public Square may make travel slow. In order to improve traffic flow, the Division of Police will be implementing “no parking” designations in the following areas:
• East 9th Street – Euclid Avenue to Carnegie Avenue
• Huron Road – Ontario Street to Prospect Avenue
• Prospect Avenue – Ontario Street to East 14th Street
• Erie Court – East 9th Street to East 14th Street
• Sumner Court – East 9th Street to East 14th Street
• East 4th Street – Huron Road to Prospect Avenue
• East 2nd Street – High Street to Prospect Avenue
• Bolivar Road – East 9th St to East 7th Street
• East 6th Street – Prospect Avenue to Eagle Avenue
“This will be an exciting and bustling time in downtown throughout the day and night,” said Commissioner of Traffic James Muhic. “Our priority is to get everyone safely to their destination and we are taking the necessary steps to ensure that happens.”
Signs will be posted and meters bagged in advance of the day. Illegally parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense and can be picked up at the division’s One Stop Impound Lot located at 3040 Quigley Road.
READ MORE: 19ActionNews.com
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images