AKRON– The University of Akron announced on Friday that they will soon begin a three-year plan to address financial issues at the school.
After a 9-month review, it was determined that changes would have to be made.
The $40 million of expense reductions include the following:
- Eliminating 215 positions via a planned reduction in workforce. No faculty layoffs are occurring
- Eliminating baseball
- Eliminating non-academic programming in EJ Thomas Hall, except for rentals
- Outsourcing dining services
- Renegotiating healthcare plans
- Increasing the cost share of retiree dependent coverage
- Changing the University’s retire/rehire policy
- Centralizing course scheduling
- Reducing central costs, such as legal fees and University memberships
READ MORE: Fox8.com
Article Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
Picture Courtesy of the University of Akron and WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland