A man in Detroit seems to have taken his fear of spiders too far.
While filling up his car at a gas station in Detroit, the unidentified man noticed a spider and took out his lighter to kill it. Bad move. Before he knew it, the whole pump was ablaze.
An employee named Susan Adams hit the gas automatic stop button and called the fire department, but the man put out the flames with a fire extinguisher before firefighters arrived. Luckily, no one was hurt, so it’s OK to laugh at the foolery.
Surprisingly, the same man returned the next day to fill up again – clearly not phased by his potentially disastrous incident the day before.
Adams told Fox 2:
“He was sorry,” Adams said. “He was sorry, he said he didn’t know. It is just one of those things that happen—stupidity.”
Watch it all unfold in the video up top.
SOURCE: Fox 2 | VIDEO SOURCE: YouTube
Don’t Miss Our Hottest Stories! Get The NewsOne Flip App for iPhone: Flip, Skip — Or Send Us a Tip!
ARTICLE FROM: NewsOne.com
Article Courtesy of WJBK-TV Detroit, Global Grind, and News One
Picture Courtesy of Getty Images, Global Grind, and News One
Video Courtesy of YouTube, Global Grind, and News One