CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –
On the one year anniversary of Tamir Rice‘s death, family members, friends and supporters of Tamir went to the Justice Center Monday to deliver a petition to Cuyahoga County Prosecutor Tim McGinty.
They are upset about how the case is being handled and presented his office with 200,000 signatures, asking that he remove himself from the case.
The group has the following demands:
- We ask that the Cuyahoga County Prosecutor recuse himself from the Tamir Rice investigation and appoint an Independent Special Prosecutor not affiliated with Ohio.
- We are also demanding McGinty issue an apology to the family after the disparaging comments he made in the media.
- We have been diligent in our call for the arrest of the officers involved in the shooting death of 12 year old Tamir Rice, Officer Loehmann and Officer Garmback. We demand an immediate termination of both officers.
- We are demanding Judge Adrian’s findings of Probable Cause for an arrest of the officers to be presented to the Grand Jury.
- We are demanding Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine intervene and appoint a special Independent Prosecutor due to the prosecutor’s close relationship with Cleveland police.
- If these demands are not met by Prosecutor McGinty and Attorney General Mike DeWine by Wednesday, November 25th, we will ask the community for a recall of these elected officials.
READ MORE: Cleveland19.com
Article and First Picture Courtesy of WOIO Cleveland 19 News
Tweet and Second Picture Courtesy of Twitter and WOIO Cleveland 19 News