CLOSE

ORANGE VILLAGE, OH (WOIO) –

An Orange Village family escaped a near tragedy.

This after fire department officials said a basement fire was caused by a hoverboard.

Residents were able to put the fire out before crews arrived, but not before the fire did minor damage to the home.

Firefighters say the situation could have been much worse if the occupants hadn’t had a fire extinguisher.

 

READ MORE: Cleveland19.com

Article Courtesy of WOIO Cleveland 19 News

Picture Courtesy of Getty Images

Exclusive: @SamSylk In the Studio with Cleveland Mayor & Police Chief [Photos]
50 photos