DOWNTOWN CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) –
Cleveland Mayor Frank Jackson swore in 35 fire cadets Friday. Officials say the new firefighters will help increase critical services to Cleveland neighborhoods and improve response times.
The cadet class has completed 18 weeks of rigorous training to reach graduation.
The cadets’ comprehensive training program included:
- Fire behavior
- Hands-on training with tools and equipment firefighters use daily
- All aspects of on-scene fire operations
- Building construction
- Hazardous materials operations
- Apparatus operation and maintenance
- Rescue techniques
- 180 hours in emergency medical care, certifying the recruits as EMTs
READ MORE: Cleveland19.com
Article Courtesy of WOIO Cleveland 19 News
Picture Courtesy of Hemera Technologies and Getty Images